This article will be kept up-to-date with cancellations, closures, and postponements related to COVID-19 in Algoma-Manitoulin. Please provide us any updates to your event.
*New items will be added to the top of the list below
Suspended, closed or postponed in Algoma-Manitoulin by COVID-19:
- The Elliot Lake Emergency Food Bank is seeing an increase in the number of new Clients signing up for support. They are asking that support be made in the form of monetary donations as it allows for bulk purchases.
They are also accepting E-transfer to the email: email@example.com
They are a Registered Charity, and therefore you can receive a tax receipt by mail, by supplying your address when donating.
- Spanish Public Library has cancelled the Annual Easter Egg Hunt that was originally scheduled for Saturday, April 11, 2020.
- Elliot Lake Hearing Services will be closed temporarily during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Massey Area Museum will cancel all meetings until April 9, 2020. At which time a decision will be made as to the opening of the Museum and the AGM. Any questions can be addressed at 705-822-5957, Barbara Mawhinney, President.
- Sagamok Anishnawbek Bingo events are cancelled
- The Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers is cancelling the Massey Winter Carnival set for the end of the month
- Elliot Lake Emergency Food Bank:
Due to the Covid-19 Virus the following changes are being introduced:
• Only two Clients will be allowed in the
waiting room at a time.
• All groceries will be pre-bagged.
• The amount of food product given will be determined by the size of your household.
- Alzheimer Society Sault Ste Marie & Algoma District: All face to face services are suspended until April 6th, 2020. They are available by phone at 705-848-8145 or email
- The Elliot Lake Volunteer Income Tax Clinic will not be open for the next two Thursdays. If you have questions, contact Ron Harrison (Coordinator) at 705-848-1782
- ELLIOT LAKE Municipal Services: All municipal recreation and culture facilities and programs are cancelled. This includes the municipal pool, arena, Collins Hall (including all March Break programs). ALL MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE EXTENDED.
- The Renaissance Active Living Centre Board of Directors wishes to inform
everyone that the Centre is closed indefinitely due to the Covid-19 outbreak. There will be no programs or activities in the Centre until further notice.
- Order of the Eastern Star Fashion Show April 4th, cancelled until further notice
- The Township of Baldwin will not be open to the public from Monday, March 16th to April 3rd.
The Municipal Office and Public Works Department will remain operational and can be reached at 705-869-0225.
- St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake: All non- essential visits to the facility are suspended until further notice. At this time, only people visiting patients and residents who are very ill or requiring end of life care are being permitted to enter the building. Upon arrival, you will be asked further questions to determine if you may proceed with your visit.
- MPP Michael Mantha: The Constituency Office in Elliot Lake will be closed for in-person visits for the coming weeks. Please direct your inquiries via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 705-461-9710 or 1-800-831-1899.
- MP Carol Hughes: Offices will ONLY offer services via telephone and email until further notice. For service and enquiries, please call:
Tel.: 705-848-8080 OR 1-855-29744200
or email: email@example.com