Listen Live
HomeNewsNew student trustees named by Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon

New student trustees named by Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon

Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon says two new student trustees have been elected for the coming new school year.

Suzanne Salituri, President of the CSC Nouvelon says Mélanie Denis-Plante, a grade 11 student at École secondaire catholique l’Horizon in Val Caron will succeed Zackary Vaillancourt as student trustee for the District of Sudbury.

She adds Lydia Raddon, a grade 10 student at École secondaire catholique Jeunesse-Nord in Blind River will be the new student trustee for the District of Algoma and will succeed Mariska Lamothe.

Salituri when their new terms begin on August 1, 2024.

- Advertisement -

Committed to enriching the Francophone and Catholic space at her school, Mélanie Denis-Plante sits on the Student Parliament at ÉSC l’Horizon, where she currently holds the position of Minister of La Francophonie. Officials say devoted to creating a welcoming, fun, and inclusive environment, she plays an active role in organizing and hosting activities and gatherings at her school. In addition to being editor for the past three years with the student newspaper Tapage, produced by Le Voyageur, Mélanie sits on the FESFO representative council and is involved in organizing provincial events and recruitment.

Officials say  Lydia Raddon stands out for her leadership, involvement in extracurricular activities and participation in her school’s volleyball, cross-country skiing and cross-country running teams. As well as being a part of ÉSC Jeunesse-Nord’s student radio station, she is a member of the musical group La Volée du Nord. Lydia also shares her leadership skills by being involved in the Student Parliament and as editor of the student newspaper Tapage. Volunteering at Galilean Bible Camp has also helped her strengthen her commitment to Christian values and her Francophone pride.

Melanie Denis-Plante
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading