Listen Live
HomeNewsArea educators learning more about the skilled trades

Area educators learning more about the skilled trades

About 30 area teachers and guidance counsellors are learning more about jobs in demand and the skilled trades. 

The grade 7 and 8 and co-op teachers and staff from various Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon schools will meet Thursday, Oct. 27 at the Sudbury campus of Collège Boréal for a training session entitled “A Choice to Learn about Skilled Trades.”

They will learn more about future employment opportunities, transferable skills, multiple post-secondary pathways and specialized high school programs. 

The whole idea is to help inform students of the importance of skilled trades and career choices as well as possible post-secondary training options to access them.

- Advertisement -

“The Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon seeks to meet the needs of the labour market as it deals with labour shortage in several skilled trades,” says Alain Boucher – learning advisor for the intermediate and upper cycles (cooperative education component, OYAP, SHM) at the Conseil scolaire catholique Nouvelon.  “Our students are encouraged to consider careers that are in high demand.”

The teachers and staff will also tour the Collège Boréal workshops and take part in experiential learning activities in electricity, carpentry, architecture or plumbing. 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading