Hydro One customers from Blind River to Thessalon will be without power this weekend due to a planned outage.
According to the release, the utility will be replacing three transmission structures, trimming hazardous trees and brush and completing work at multiple stations throughout the region.
Around 5,000 customers will be affected by the outage, which takes place this Sunday from 8 am to 3 pm.
The outage will take place in the following areas: Huron Shores, Thessalon, Thessalon First Nation, Wells, Parkinson, Grasett, Gould, Patton, Casson, Cobden, the North Shore, Striker, Blind River, Mack, Thompson, Mississauga First Nation and Scarfe.
Below are some tips to help you and your family during an outage:
- Make sure your appliances, such as the stove, are in the off position.
- Make sure your cellphone and devices are fully charged.
- Use a battery-powered alarm clock or cellphone to ensure you do not miss any Sunday morning alarms due to clocks resetting.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Use a cooler with ice for items you’ll need during the planned outage.
- If you plan to use a generator, remember to use it in a dry area outdoors away from any open windows, doors and vents. Visit the Electrical Safety Authority at esasafe.com for more tips.
- If your water services will be affected, consider filling jugs of water to use for drinking and cooking.
- If your water services will be affected and you have a bathtub, consider filling it with water before the planned outage begins. You can use the water and a bucket to fill and flush your toilet tank.
Affected Hydro One customers have been notified via auto-dialer and can visit Hydro One’s outage map or call 1-888-664-9376 for more information.