â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsMoose Hide Campaign a success at Lady of Fatima

Moose Hide Campaign a success at Lady of Fatima

An Elliot Lake school took part in a special awareness walk through the city as part of the Moose Hide Campaign.

Lady of Fatima principal Andrew Chi (CHEE) says students from grades three to eight took part in the walk and took a pledge to take a stand against violence towards women and children.

As part of the ceremony, the students made signs and wore moose hides, and after their morning fast, tasted some First Nation dishes including cedar tea, moose stew and Bannock.

Moose Hide Campaign Day is a day of ceremony where Canadians are called to join together to take a stand against violence towards women and children and to take practical steps for our collective journey of reconciliation.

- Advertisement -

“We were blessed to have the support of Katrina Owl, Alyssa Traves, Bud Jacobs, Genevieve Ruggles, Lee Simpson, Rob Essex, Justin Urquhart, Jeff Jacobs and parents who helped us run this special event. We had our drumming group perform some songs, we danced, we broke our fast in the afternoon and enjoyed cedar tea, berries, moose stew and bannock. Students made signs and took the pledge to take a stand against violence towards women and children. Students wore their moose hide pins proudly and raised awareness about the need to end violence. This entire day was made possible by our incredible NSL teacher Chylene Day who organized the entire event. We are so proud of all of our students who demonstrated the importance of this cause and had lots of fun in the process,” adds Chi.

For more information on the program visit: https://moosehidecampaign.ca/

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading