Listen Live
HomeNewsCambrian College students develop social justice workshops for school children

Cambrian College students develop social justice workshops for school children

Students at Cambrian College are doing their part to help young students be the change they want to see in the world.

Three Cambrian students on placement in the community have created the Stand Up for Social Justice workshop series. The  40-minute workshops explore different themes and provide students in Grades 6-8 with tools to promote social justice.

Student Taylor Burnett who hails from Little Current says she has been able to use what she learned at Cambrian to plan and implement programs and services that recognize the diverse needs and experiences of local youth, and work with them in achieving their goals.

The other two Shanna Burnett and Tara Presello have also worked with Burnett to develop the themes focused on food security, equity and equality in the justice system and conservation.

- Advertisement -

The Stand Up for Social Justice project was also developed with the support of faculty in Cambrian’s School of Justice and Community Services, as well as Cambrian’s First Step Centre, which supports students who are the first in their families to attend college or face barriers to attending college.

To learn more about the First Step Centre at Cambrian College, visit: https://cambriancollege.ca/academic-services/first-generation-services/.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading