Clear Lake in Espanola is going through some trying times. First it was closed for swimming last week because a great number of plants known as Eurasian milfoil in the water can be a health problem. Now comes word the water has blue-green algae. The blooms can produce toxins and irritate your skin. Swallowing the water can result in vomiting and diarrhea. People who use Clear Lake for drinking should avoid drinking the water and don`t allow your pet to drink it either. Instead, use another source. Boiling the water does not get rid of the algae and in fact can result in more toxins.