Listen Live
HomeNewsCambrian College receives funding to support student exchange

Cambrian College receives funding to support student exchange

Dozens of Cambrian College students will soon have a new opportunity to take their books and laptops on the road and pursue their education overseas.

Cambrian College spokesperson Kristine Morrissey says the school is receiving $500,000 for its Study Abroad initiative supporting up to 85 domestic students who want to pursue studies in another countries.

She adds there is also a focus on providing opportunities to those who are either Indigenous, low-income, or living with a disability.

Morrissey says the federal government is providing the funding through its Global Skills Opportunities Program.

- Advertisement -

The college will begin accepting applications from students in January of 2022.

The funding is being administered by Colleges and Institutes Canada, a national organization that advocates for and supports public colleges and polytechnic institutes in Canada.

“This project will provide a variety of virtual and in-person experiences for students in Northern Ontario who are interested in studying around the world,” adds Morrissey. “This amazing opportunity will allow students to broaden their global and cultural perspectives while also achieving a top-tier education. It certainly is another reason why Cambrian is a go-to destination in Northern Ontario for students wanting an education with global impact.”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading