Following the Government of Ontario announcement on COVID-19 vaccine recommendations, booster doses of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine – Moderna and Pfizer will available locally to select populations through Public Health Sudbury & Districts, local pharmacies, and primary care offices.
The health agency states a booster dose can now be offered to select populations at least six months after a second dose to obtain more protection.
Additional information about when a booster dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine may be available to all Ontarians is available at Ontario.ca.
Bookings begin today.
The following individuals can be offered a booster dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, effective locally on Thursday, November 4, 2021:
- Individuals 70 years of age and older who received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
- First Nations, Inuit, and Métis adults, including non-Indigenous household members, who received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
- Health care workers who received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
- For definitions of eligible health care workers, read the COVID-19 Vaccine Third Dose Recommendations (PDF)
- Individuals who received 2 doses of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
- Individuals who received 1 dose of the Janssen/ Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
How to book an appointment for a booster dose
Appointments can be booked online and by phone. Online booking is a simple and efficient process and helps reduce call volumes. Individuals can also help people who are eligible by booking an appointment on their behalf.
Book by phone
Starting Thursday, November 4, 2021, the following individuals can call the local booking centre to book an appointment for a booster dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine:
- Adults 80 years of age and older who received their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months ago.
Appointments will not be booked for those who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Call 705.674.2299 (toll-free: 1.800.708.2505). The call centre is open Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. and is closed on statutory holidays.
Book online through the provincial booking portal
Starting Saturday, November 6, 2021, those eligible for a booster dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine can visit covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine to book an appointment through the provincial booking portal.
For a schedule of clinics in the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts, including clinic times and the mRNA vaccine brand that is planned, and more information about COVID-19 and vaccination, visit phsd.ca/COVID-19. Keep connected with our Facebook and Twitter pages or call Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).